Wednesday, March 25, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

I haven't claimed my Irish last name until now. I'm Polish, dang it! But, now that Quin is part Irish, I have to claim it. :-) We had a very low key St. Patrick's Day this year, and we were very happy to celebrate it with Quin. It was 70 degrees for the first time this spring, and it was absolutely beautiful outside. I don't know about you, but I'm really looking forward to spring this year. I can't wait to take Quin on walks in the stroller and have long conversations with Brock. We've found that when there are no distractions like TVs or phones, we have our best talks. Anyway, here is a picture of Quin in his beautiful St. Patrick's Day outfit, thank you Aunt Shari!

We ate delicious corned beef and cabbage, YUMMY. You will find on this blog I like to talk about food. It's very important to me, and we love trying out new things. We cooked corned beef in the crock pot all day, and then boiled some new potatoes and cabbage. The highlight of the meal was definitely Brock's Brew. He is a beer maker and has a dream of becoming a brewmaster someday in his own brewery. We would love to open a bed & breakfast and sell Brock's Brew exclusively. Brock made an Irish Red for me because he knows it's my favorite.

At work, there was a breakfast fundraiser. This past summer, a police officer named Jason Fishburn was shot. We raised funds to help send Jason and his family to Washington DC for the wounded officer of the year ceremony. We hope he wins! Anyway, I was intrigued by one of the breakfast offerings... Green Bagels! I've never had one before, and it was delicious. Check it out.

Here are some great pictures I've gotten of Quin lately. He is 5-months-old, and is so much fun! We're very thankful he's here. :-)

Quin loves his swing

Sleepy Baby, but I love these pictures



Loves his daddy

We love you, Quin!!

No comments: