Saturday, June 13, 2009

Pennsylvania Trip - Memorial Day

Brock, Quin and I went to Pennsylvania to see my wonderful Aunt Carol and her family. We had a great time, and Quin did a great job in the 10 hour car ride! She doesn't live too far away from Washington DC, and my grandfather is buried in Arlington National Cemetary for his service in World War II. I was very close to my grandpa, and I still miss him everyday. It was wonderful to go to his grave and do it with my son and extended family. My brother also came out from Chicago, which was really special.

Here's a pic of Brock feeding Quin on a pit-stop in Ohio.

We spent the night on our way out there, and here is a picture of Quin in his first hotel room!

Sleeping baby on our way. Those wings really helped his head not bob while he slept!

Brock loves going to breweries, and my Uncle Hugh took him to a brewery the last time we went to Pennsylvania. Here is a picture of Brock, Quin, and my Uncle Hugh at Victory Brewery, which is near my aunt's home. The meal was delicious!

Here are some wonderful pictures of us with my Aunt Carol, cousin Jennifer, and my family. My aunt's other daughter, Gayle, is currently deployed in Iraq as an Army Nurse. She called us on Memorial Day, which was awesome! We love you, Gayle!





Here are some pictures from Arlington National Cemetary. You can see the Washington Monument from the road that leads to my grandfather's grave. It was awesome to have a picture there with my brother and cousin, and it was phenomenal to have a picture taken there while holding my son. I'm so grateful to my aunt and uncle for taking us there to DC!!

With my brother, Joseph, and cousin, Jennifer

My family

You can put rocks on the gravestones at Arlington. It shows that someone was there and visited a grave. We also saw my cousin, Michael's, grave. He died in a helicopter in Iraq, and he's not too far away from my grandfather.


Thank you Aunt Carol & Uncle Hugh for a great trip and Quin's first vacation! We did so much! We went to Victory Brewery. My aunt and I made a wonderful Memorial Day feast, including yummy Cowboy Caviar. We played one of the best games ever, Catchphrase. We talked, told stories, and just really enjoyed being with each other.

No comments: