Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ben & Carrie's Wedding

This past weekend, one of our good friends from high school got married! I say "our friend from high school" because Brock and I went to the same high school and started dating the 2nd semester of our senior year. It's really nice to have that in common, especially when we want to reminisce about things. We both know what the other is talking about.

Anyway, Ben got married to a wonderful woman named Carrie. They met a couple of years after they graduated from college, and we couldn't be happier for them. They asked us to be the DJ's at their wedding, and we were so humbled to be asked. Not only did we play music at the reception, but we also did at the ceremony. I have to admit it, I was a little nervous right before we arrived at the wedding. I didn't want to mess anything up! I mean, if the music is bad, people will remember. It went very smoothly. What's amazing to me is Ben put all the ceremony music on his iPhone. I just followed the right playlists and plugged the phone into a jack in the sound system. Those iPhones are SO user-friendly, and now I really want one! The ceremony was beautiful. The colors were light yellow and pink, and it was absolutely gorgeous.

The night before, we attended the Rehearsal Dinner. We brought Quin with us since he wasn't going to the wedding. It would have been a long day for the little guy. One thing I really love is watching my friends with Quinten. Jeff was the best man at the wedding, and he just went crazy for Quin. Then again, his wife, Kara, did too. Jeff also went to our high school and was the best man at our wedding. Brock and Jeff have been friends for a long time, and we're so happy he found such a wonderful wife in Kara! The first pic is of Quin, Brock, and Jeff. The next is of Jeff and Kara at the wedding.

The beautiful newlyweds!

We had such a wonderful time! Here's a picture of us at the reception.

The groomsmen and Brock! Jason on the right also went to our high school. In fact, I've known Jason since elementary school. It was great to catch-up.

Ben and Carrie, we pray you have a wonderful marriage. Thank you for including us in your special day. Your wedding was beautiful, and we're so glad we got to be there. Congratulations, and God Bless You!

No comments: